Friday, August 11, 2017

Trade with Gavin (Baseball Card Breakdown)


I'm finally back from an exhausting vacation and have lots of cards to show off. I'll start of with a trade I did with fellow blogger Gavin of Baseball Card Breakdown (http://baseballcardbreakdown.blogspot.com/). Go check out his blog, it's a really good read. Now for the goodies.




Here we have some set needs from my 2017 Archives and 2017 Bunt blue parallel set builds.



Here are a bunch of 1992 Classic Best cards of Braves minor league affiliates. These are sharp looking cards as I like the clean and simple design. Mike Kelly and Jason Schmidt are the only guys that I know of that ended up playing for the Braves for a decent amount of time.



Here are a bunch of random Braves cards. I actually don't think I had any of these which surprised me since they are all base cards except that Davidson insert which Gavin probably had left over from all of his Prizm Draft Picks boxes. He also had an extra Gavin he sent me from his guys named Gavin PC.



Here are some cards of guys that I collect. I'm guessing the Schimpfs are dupes from Gavin's Padres cards.



Here's a 4-card 2007 Upper Deck Future Stars lot. The Frenchy red is numbered /199.



Now we have a bunch of shiny cards including a cool looking see-through/acetate Heyward. The Bowman Freeman refractor is /499. You can't really tell that it's a refractor from the picture, but it is.



Love these oddballs. I'm pretty sure from my research that the Murphy is a 1987 Baseball Cards Magazine card, but I'm not quire sure on that.  If anyone knows please let me know in the comments.



Now for my favorite part of the package, the customs. I really love these, especially the ones that are all beat up. It really gives them that old feel. From reading his blog, it looked like Gavin made great customs, but they look even better in person.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the trade Gavin. Sorry for the long delay in posts. It was a long vacation, but I am glad to be back. Also, I'm trading to get my blog roll going, but I'm very short on blogs that I know. If you are a blogger, please leave your blog name and a URL to your blog in the comments, so I can get it on there. Also, Julie Owens please leave your email in the comments since you won the giveaway on my first post. Thanks again Gavin, and have a great one!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you like! These pictures aren't showing up for whatever reason, but thanks again for the trade and hope you have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, hope you had a great vacation, meant to say. As for the photos not showing up, I think you've linked them from your gmail or something. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that's probably it. I copied and pasted them from my gmail. I guess I need to save them to my computer. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete